(This page contains Amazon affiliate links)
Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles (2001)
Set in Halleluia, Mississippi, Ruby is not happy to be left behind when her grandmother goes to Hawaii for the summer, but she soon learns she has things she is needed for there.
- Reading age : 8 – 12 years
- Publisher : HMH Books for Young Readers; First edition (March 1, 2005)
- ISBN-10 : 0152054782
- ISBN-13 : 978-0152054786
Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood (2012)
Set in a Mississippi town in 1964, this novel tackles issues of segregation and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Reading age : 9 – 12 years
- Publisher : Turtleback; Bound for Schools & Libraries ed. edition (December 30, 2014)
- ISBN-10 : 0606372091
- ISBN-13 : 978-0606372091
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor (2004)
Unlike many other Black families in Mississippi during the Great Depression, Cassie Logan’s family owns a farm. They struggle against racism in many forms.
- Reading age : 11 years and up
- Publisher : Puffin Books; Illustrated edition (April 12, 2004)
- ISBN-10 : 0142401129
- ISBN-13 : 978-0142401125
M Is For Magnolia: A Mississippi Alphabet Book (Discover America State by State) by Michael Shoulders and illustrated by Rick Anderson (2003)
- Reading age : 6 – 9 years
- Publisher : Sleeping Bear Press; 1st edition (April 11, 2003)
- ISBN-10 : 1585361291
- ISBN-13 : 978-1585361298
Mississippi (Hello U.S.A.) by Anna Ready (2002)
Introduces the geography, history, people, and environmental issues of Mississippi.
- Reading age : 9 – 10 years
- Publisher : Lerner Pub Group; Revised, Expanded edition (October 1, 2002)
- ISBN-10 : 0822541092
- ISBN-13 : 978-0822541097
Book cover links to Amazon are provided to allow for easy access to more information about the book, including the ISBN and reviews. Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate. If you go to Amazon by clicking the book cover and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Proceeds will be used to help defray the costs of developing and maintaining this website.